Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mommy's Lap

Some pictures just don't need captions.  There is nothing like Mom's lap no matter who you are.

These pictures were taken immediately after she gave birth. The mare laid down, and then he trotted around and crawled right up into her lap. (Photo by Renee Sigel)



This picture and story made me smile today.

As hard as I try to keep a positive outlook on life, there are times when I am not so successful.  From time to time I grow jealous, sad, and a little tearful when I see another mom walk hand in hand with her child.  Or playing in the sand.  Or frolicking in the grass.  Or snow.  How I long to have that.

But I have something else to offer.  No matter what and no matter where, I always have a lap to crawl up into.  And arms to wrap into a big hug.  Now that's GOLDEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment