Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A nice reprieve

The next step in the process of pump placement is a visit with the psychologist. It just so happens that while I was waiting to make that appointment (it took 20 days to get the call to even make the appointment), my family went to central California on a four day trip!

It was wonderful, and the timing could not have been better. Angels watched over us the whole time because in addition to perfect weather, there were ZERO major complications and the trip went smoothly. If you are interested in knowing more about the trip, please visit my personal blog "Greatly Blessed by Kate the Great" (found under my blog list on the left of the page) for pictures and stories. I haven't posted it yet and it will take me several days to get it done, so patience is key!

The reason I need to see the psychologist is to make sure I'm not crazy. Haha! No comments from the peanut gallery please. Seriously, he needs to determine that I do not have unrealistic expectations about what the pump is going to do for me. For example, a woman in her late 20's had been in a wheel chair for 5 years and expected that the pump would allow her to return to aerobic exercise. After much counseling, the clinic would not approve the placement of a pump for her, and they parted ways.

I see the psychologist this Thursday and the appointment is scheduled for an hour and a half. Wow. I cannot begin to imagine what we're going to talk about for that long. I hope we don't go all the way back to my time in high school. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's safe to say most people had issues back then. Teenage drama issues.

I'll let you know if he thinks I'm okay. That is, if I'm not immediately admitted to the psych floor...

3 comments:

  1. Joc, I am so thrilled at your progress toward the pump and am 'holding on' with you as you go through that procedure. I know our God is walking with you, and your blogs show your strong reliance on Him and His Word, and His work in your life. Unca Mikie and I pray for you, and are so glad you decided to share your MS walk with the world; we have long wondered how to pray, what questions to ask, and how to really support you. This blog is a great help, and helps me to not feel so helpless...it is a hard thing to watch from a distance when tough things happend to those we love, and we often end up feeling disconnected and helpless, a very yucky feeling. Thanks so much for sharing. We wish you the very best! AS and UM

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear Girl: you simply humble me Jocelyn, not because of what you’re going through in life, but rather how you handle yourself and what it all is about. It’s more than your religion and spirituality that drives you honey, it’s something I can’t put my finger on except to call it simply, “Jocelyn’s Way.
    You are very dear to me,
    Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jocelyn! I feel horrible, I just received your message on my voicemail! So sorry, I need to give you my cell number because I'm horrible at checking our home messages! =(

    I continue to think about you a lot. So happy to hear you had a good trip to CA! Looking forward to seeing photos on your other blog! Thank you again for sharing on this one about your personal journey, I still think you're pretty amazing! =) Feel a big hug my friend!

    ReplyDelete