Saturday, April 3, 2010

Drumroll please...

...according to the psychologist, I am NOT crazy! Like there was any doubt, right? The appointment was scheduled for 1 and a half hours, but mine took 2 hours. It started out as I expected. He asked me questions such as what were my expectations, what did I know about the pump, etc. Then I got to do a series of tests. Identifying pictures (chair, eyeglasses, bird), counting backwards from 20 as fast as I could, orientation to time, who is the President, etc.

THEN, he gave me a booklet and bubble form to answer 217 questions. Yes, 217 questions. I looked at the bubble form, then looked at him, and said "I feel like I'm back in school!". He chuckled and left the room. "Take your time" he said as he closed the door. I won't bore you with what the questions were on the "test", but when I was finally done, he glanced at the answer sheet quickly and said "I don't see any problems here". I'm guessing he's seen about a thousand of them before.

Later that day, the pump clinic RN called me. She said, "God wants you to have this pump". I was quiet for a moment and replied with "...okay?". She reminded me how quickly the test dose came together. She reminded me how I was able to get an appointment with the psychologist 2 days after they contacted me (normally would have been at least 2 weeks). She further explained that normally, the psychologist wouldn't send his report to her for at least a week.

He sought her out and spoke with her immediately after I left his office.

The whole process is moving faster than normal, and I have the Lord to thank for that! For all who have been praying on my behalf, thank you.

I wait to hear from the surgeon's office to schedule the pre-surgical consult. That should be any day as they just need my chart notes and report from the psychologist. With any luck, the consult will be within the next two weeks, with surgery after that. Without any hiccups, I should have the surgery by the end of the month! Please leave me a comment if you'd like; I'd love to hear from you.

PS: "Greatly Blessed by Kate the Great" has four new posts, highlighting my recent trip to CA with pictures and stories. Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. That is so great Joc!! I am so happy that this process is moving along faster than you expected. God is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is sooooo awesome! I have tears in my eyes. God is Great! You continue to be in my prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jocelyn!!! Just read your latest post!!!! It appears as though God’s hand is upon you and this whole situation. He’s blessed you with favor, for sure!!!!! I loved the update…and I’m relieved to hear that you’re not “crazy”… ;)

    Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

    This scripture popped into my heart when I thought of you the other day, so I thought I’d include it…you will continue to be in my prayers, friend!!!!

    xoxoxoxo

    Amy W

    ReplyDelete