Thursday, April 15, 2010

Master Plan

Yesterday morning, I called Dr. Morris' office to remind the office staff that I wish to be on the cancellation call list. After a few moments on her end, she says "I have a cancellation for tomorrow in Federal Way. Do you want it?" I wanted to reach through the phone...

I saw Dr. Morris this morning for a pre-surgical consult. My dear friend Alicia went along to take notes and provide a second set of ears. 30 minutes later, he told me that his assistant would be calling me within the next few days to schedule the surgery. He estimated the surgery would be in two to three weeks. I thanked him for his time, gave Alicia a hug, and came home. Excited for this last step to be done and a little on edge that this was it, I look forward to scheduling the appointment.

A call came at 4:45 this afternoon. Surgery is scheduled. Surgery is Wednesday 4/21. NEXT WEEK. I have been on the phone all day. I cannot even begin to describe what I am thinking; what emotions are going through my head. I am...processing.

Already, with my sister's help, I believe we've developed a childcare plan for 11 straight days. Amazing! I will be calling in favors from those of you who have offered your help, so stay tuned; your phone will be ringing! I'll be asking for meals for my husband and childcare, visiting while I'm in the hospital, and anything else that pops into my brain.

While Kate was napping, I went out on the porch and soaked up the sunshine. I talked to God, as I have been doing a lot lately. Naturally, there is this little voice..."is this the right course of action"? God tells me yes. Why else would He have put everything on a high speed track for me? I cannot keep going the way I have been the last 4 months. The medication ISN'T WORKING. My spasticity is getting worse day by day.

This pump has to be the answer in this regard of my MS. This pump is part of the Master Plan.

7 comments:

  1. All I can say is: "YAY!!!!!" God is so Good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Joc, I can't stop crying right now. As Alicia said, God is good!

    I wish that I could be up there with you; to help out and visit you while you are in the hospital. Please know that you are in my heart, as always.

    I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Wonderful! Fantastic! Exciting!

    Though these are the words that have popped into my head in response to your news about your surgery, I don't think they can begin to describe how happy I am for you and promise that this new treatment may hold. My fingers, eyes, toes, legs, arms and ears (ears?) are crossed for you!

    Hugs,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jocelyn you are in my prayers .. I know what it is to hurt and no one does anything about until you get just the right person. God loves you. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jocelyn!

    I was a day behind in reading your blog from Thursday and I'm sorry that I am responding to you a day later. I cried tears of joy for you! Part I of your prayers were answered :)

    So let me just say this... YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!

    YOU are an incredible, focused, bright, positive, God loving, God trusting woman. YOU are a fantastic mother and wife. Amidst all that you have to do to prepare for your surgery, physically and mentally, your first actions of preparation went to your most loved ones.
    These are the things that make you such an amazing woman!

    I will continue to pray for you and I will ask God to help in your preparation plans.
    If we were near by, I hope you know you could count on me. So for now, I'll just have to send my prayers and some great cards your way!

    Love & Prayers from Your So Cal Pal!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jocelyn,

    We are so happy that this procedure was fast-tracked for you! Sounds like the next two weeks will be very stressful, but we want you to know that you and your dear family will be in our prayers daily.

    God loves you, and so do we! You remain,"the strongest woman I know."

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Love ya,

    Paul and Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jocelyn,
    I am thinking of you right now & praying that things went well today. I think about you a ton lately but don't seem to make it to the phone or computer at the right time & as a result haven't contacted you. Needless to say, my prayers are for you & miss Kate tonight. Feel a big hug of support, I believe in you!! Be strong & know that God is with you through it all.
    Love you,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete